Marina Movshina's Painting, Projects, Ideas, Art

Friday, September 11, 2009

Summer Carnival Suburban Demi-Monde

 
Take Off

 
The Motorcycles are quiet.

 
Break Time

 
Late Night Security

 
Slow Night -I loved the red jacket and hat this man wore.

 
Symbol of the Night
 
Hesitation - Deciding to do the Game.

 
Last run at the Dragon Roller Coaster.
 A couple of summer ago I saw an exhibit at the art Institute of Chicago on Toulouse-Lautrec and the Parisian Demi Monde. The edge of Society, the cafe crowd.  I was fascinated about the life of the ride minders and carnival workers at the annual Stacy Park Carnival. I saw them as the free wheeling independents of entertainment society now. These are paintings I did on that theme.


At Auction on eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Pines Studio Zazzle - My Zazle Store